To participate in our lives does not mean that we control our lives.
Not to control our lives does not mean that we are passive.
The most healing thing we can do for ourselves is to participate in the process of our lives as fully as we can
- even when the unexpected and the fearful happen. ~unknown

August 31, 2010

Quotes

The one that best represents my heartache today...

"I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness." ~ Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park, Raisins, 2003



"For a man to achieve all that is demanded of him, he must regard himself greater than he is." ~ Johan Wolfgang von Goethe

"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have." ~ Anonymous (and copied from a friend's gtalk status)

"If you don't accept responsibility for your own actions, then you are forever chained to a position of defense." ~ Holly Lisle, Fire In The Mist, 1992

"To succeed is nothing, it's an accident. but to feel no doubts about oneself is something very different: it is character." ~ Marie Leneru, Oprah Magazine, May 2004

"A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." ~ Paul Dudley White

"I begin to think, that a calm is not desirable in any situation in life....Man was made for action and for bustle too, I believe." ~ Abigail Adams,

No comments:

Post a Comment