To participate in our lives does not mean that we control our lives.
Not to control our lives does not mean that we are passive.
The most healing thing we can do for ourselves is to participate in the process of our lives as fully as we can
- even when the unexpected and the fearful happen. ~unknown

January 12, 2011

It's 2011 - Bring it On

Good Bye, Sayonara, Auf Wiedersenhen, Au Revoir, Arrivederci 2010! You can Kiss my Ass.

HA! 2010 ended with a bang. Before the holidays I was in a very serious accident. My wonderful Ford Expedition was mauled by a rolling boulder while on my way home from work. I walked away with a little rug burn on my elbow - before you go the wrong direction here it happened when I smacked my elbow around the center armrest. A slight case of whiplash and a bit of discomfort in my lower back I think I did ok. It was very scary. I came away with 2 sayings - "Built Ford Tough" is not just an advertising slogan and If I was an Atheist on Monday, I wasn't an Atheist on Tuesday. I really have only the one explanation for how I survived. "Yeti" (my truck) and I bounced around the "Highway of Death" for 1/4 mile. I went into oncoming traffic lanes, didn't hit anyone, didn't roll (though a witness says it's a mircle I didn't), and managed to find my way to the only safe shoulder in that area. All I can say is Thank you God, for my life.

As for my truck, my Yeti, my tank, my aircraft carrier --- $8k in damage, not totalled, and still suffering a few side affects but carrying me to and from work again. I love you, Yeti - thank you for protecting me and keeping me alive!
I have a new surgeon since the old fart has now retired. New Guy isn't part of the medical group yet and with the possibilty of a relocation, having waited for over 2 months for contracts to be put in place, I am having another surgery. Yep, #5. But with the new guy. He's got a great reputation. We are going with bigger implants so there will be greater projection. This will also allow for a fuller looking breast. The implants will sit higher under the pec and hoping it will look like I've had a lift. His technique is Outside the Box which is great.

Depending on how this all heals, I may, or may not, need another couple of procedures, which I am totally ok with. They would entail some lipo suction in order to transfer fat to the boobs. Damn the bad luck with that right?? Take it all, I say.

That's the quick and dirty update.

Happy New Year. Hello 2011.

Edit: 2011 brought it! Hubby was rearended on the interstate while driving our new to us car. We'd had it just 14 days and we are looking at $18k+ in damage and 6 more weeks w/o it.

No comments:

Post a Comment