To participate in our lives does not mean that we control our lives.
Not to control our lives does not mean that we are passive.
The most healing thing we can do for ourselves is to participate in the process of our lives as fully as we can
- even when the unexpected and the fearful happen. ~unknown

April 27, 2010

I'm a Murderer!

Yep, you read that right. I'm a murderer. I committed Feline Vehicular Manslaughter this morning on the way to work. I killed a kitty. Someone's Fur Baby. A kid's best friend. I'm afraid to drive home. I don't want to see its body still on the road. I can't drive by that spot and not look. I have to see.

I am a Cat Person. I tolerate dogs but cats, they are THE animal that soothes my soul. I know how much I love our "kittens," just as much as I love the kids. They are my Furry Babies for sure. They are members of the family and nothing less.

I had to pull over. I had to cry. I had to scream. And scream I did. All kinds of wonderful words, curses, cries for help, came out of me. It felt good. So good in fact I didn't want to stop. But I had to. Duty called. I will go back and try the screaming thing again. I pray I don't have to murder again for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment