I'm half way through week 3 back in the office. I guess it's good to be back. I'm busy and more organized now. I'm still frustrated by office bullshit but I should expect it no matter where I am though I've never experienced it to this level of immaturity and this directly. Being back at work has been good for me, the hubby, and the kids, but not the cats. The kids' behavior has improved with our returning to normal routine. The cats had gotten used to someone to sit on all day. It's ok, I miss them too.
I'm so ready for life to cut me a break. The last 8 months have sucked serious a$$. In August 2009, my mom was diagnosed with BC for the 3rd freakin' time, I was told I had diabetes. In October mom had her mastectomy, December 28th came with with a gift of my BC dx, February was home to my mastectomy, and yesterday brought news my husband is being laid off. It's just too much to deal with right now. Seems some people at the office don't have enough real work to do so they're filling their time gossiping about these things like they're back in Jr. High. Guess I could be happy I matter so much to them to be talked about.
I was looking over past posts and it looks like I didn't mention my visit with the oncologist. She very nice and great at explaining the technical in layman's terms. Dr. Google had already provided me with quite a bit of explanation of my pathology report in regular people speak.
Upside - no radiation, no hormone therapy, no chemo. None of these would provide any benefit. The mastectomy took care of it.
Downside - I have to see her or my surgeon every 3 months for 2 years. Then we shift to every 6 months until I hit 5 years cancer free. That sucks. Another, more horrible downside for me...the tissue along the skin did not have clear margins. That means there was no area free of cancer and there can still be cancer, it could come back but as a lump in the skin. Surgery would remove it and it's not fatal if it does come back. Guess that's a positive.
*Sigh*
Are we there yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment