Oh good Lord! 10 days. Not enough time to get everything done. Done...are we ever really done? I think not. Always something we need to do. Always someplace we need to be. Guess there is time to rest when...never mind - not going to finish that line.
*sigh* Wonderful people at work have started bringing in frozen meals to help keep my family feed while I'm down. That is probably the single biggest, most bestest, most stress relieving thing anyone can do for us. The kindness from a group of people I work with - now a family to me - is amazing. Most of them anyway.
My dad is going to be here. I still can't believe he's coming here for my surgery and to hang with the hubby and kids. We haven't had the best relationship - Hell, we haven't had much of one for decades. My fault as I wasted time holding on so tightly to the anger of a teenage girl. Present and future are all that matter. They are my focus.
I have my list for the hospital bag, my list of items needed on my nightstand, the call list for hubby after I'm out of surgery. We will tell the kids something early next week. What else is there? Oh yes, all my appointments for before are scheduled. If only I could schedule all my other ones now. If you haven't noticed, I'm a planner.
Met with my plastic surgeon last week. He was a much different person than I remembered meeting the first time. Must have been I was still in shock over the diagnosis. I'm very comfortable with him now. He answered all my questions. He drew me a picture of what he's going to be doing with the expander and muscle. It's pretty cool actually. I'm good with the scar issues too. I'll expect nothing less than plastic surgeon greatness with my last surgery - he's got to do a bang up job on the last round right??
I have one last thing to be freaked out about and that's anesthesia. I've been under general for short periods of time (30 minutes). This is about 3.5 hours worth of filetting my boobs I get to think about. I'm fairly sure my issue is with having ZERO say it what happens to my body and giving my surgeons complete say over what happens. I am so NOT good at that. Not even close. I have control and trust issues. Can you tell? Friends tell me to enjoy the great nap I'm going to get. HAHAHA
Next up, the last appointment before surgery with my breast surgeon on Tuesday.
10 days from now I will be free - breast cancer free and free from living in fear of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment