To participate in our lives does not mean that we control our lives.
Not to control our lives does not mean that we are passive.
The most healing thing we can do for ourselves is to participate in the process of our lives as fully as we can
- even when the unexpected and the fearful happen. ~unknown

February 13, 2010

T-Minus...what...5 days?

Ok - 6 since I haven't gone to bed yet.
There is still so much I'd like to get done before Wednesday and there aren't enough hours in my day, unless I skip the sleeping part. Not the best idea right now since I have a freakin' cold. Yep, that's right. My body gave in to the infection running through the fam. Oh well. Seems it's on the way out so I think things will remain as scheduled.

Have I mentioned my dad is coming to see us? I'm stoked! And another out-of-towner is coming too. My Long Lost Cousin L is coming in from the Lone Star state the weekend after. I hate that we're getting together under these circumstances but I'm super happy she's coming out.

We haven't told the kids anything officially yet. Unofficially we haven't kept anything a secret. I'm open in my conversations with Hubbie and those on the phone. I have a feelings our kids won't give a darn about me. Grandpa is coming. Cousin L is coming. Yes, L, showed your pic to the little man and he got bashful when I asked if he thought you were pretty. That's a good sign.

Watching the Olympics. I had NO idea it was that time until just yesterday, thanks to the Google banner. How bad is that? Now I can't get enough of Short Track - damn that shit is awesome and scary.

Ok - guess I should shut it down, peel the contacts off and get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and sending lots of prayers your way. Glad the cold is on the way out.

    ReplyDelete