To participate in our lives does not mean that we control our lives.
Not to control our lives does not mean that we are passive.
The most healing thing we can do for ourselves is to participate in the process of our lives as fully as we can
- even when the unexpected and the fearful happen. ~unknown

February 10, 2010

Why! Why Not?

Once again I am asking "Why." I'm passed the why me, why now, why this, why that stage of my own journey, which is great. I'm asking "Why" today because a woman who started out on a similar journey found out her situation is worse than first thought.


She started her journey the day after I did - meeting with the surgeon anyway. She's of similar age and family structure. Her diagnosis could have been copied from mine, or vice versa. She was all set to go the full mastectomy and reconstruction route then wasn't so sure...completely understandable since I'm still not so sure myself.

She had her lumpectomy scheduled for this week. My understanding is she went for her pre-op MRI or something like that and more areas of concern were found in the current cancer breast AND...get this...areas of concern in her other too.

Another biopsy later - additional areas of cancer and precancerous conditions in the other, confirmed. Now she faces the decision process all over again. My heart is breaking for her. I'm saddened. I'm sick. I'm scared. All for her.

J - I'm here. Any day, any hour. And I promise to be completely honest with you about how things are.

So the question is...why does it get worse when it's already so freakin' bad? *shrug "Why do they call green Green?"

No comments:

Post a Comment