To participate in our lives does not mean that we control our lives.
Not to control our lives does not mean that we are passive.
The most healing thing we can do for ourselves is to participate in the process of our lives as fully as we can
- even when the unexpected and the fearful happen. ~unknown

January 18, 2010

Depressed and unmotivated

Go figure. Depressed and unmotivated. That's been my story since December. I didn't run, or even bother to walk, or eat well. I'm an emotional eater and that was my MO for December. There were many a 4-way; me, Ben, Jerry and either Dexter or Edward depending on the emotional space.
The middle of January brings more to the table. I'm back to tracking meals, drinking more water (ick!), and running. Yep, that's right. Running. I hit the treadmill Saturday and this morning. Result? I feel better mentally, emotionally, and physically. Exercise makes a fairly quick difference at the scale. It really helped having Hubby get up with me this morning. Hoping we can motivate eachother.

Managed a serious melt down this weekend and it was fantastic. Hubby wondered what did it. Watching Grey's, seeing someone in surgery under general asthesia (that scares the crap out of me). Ugh- that's gonna be me in 32 days. Then I started looking at the girls God gave me. Started thinking about what I'm losing. I know, I know - there's so much to be gained by this experience but I can't help it. This stuff does cycle so I'm sure to be on the upswing in a few days.

My goals before NG day are to put 40 miles on my feet (which I believe I will exceed) and lose 10#. I'd like to get my BMI down a little before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment